Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Slow Progress and Smooth Shading

With the beta review coming up, I finally have some results to show on the implicit surface reconstruction side. The problem is, it runs no where close to real time except at extremely low grid resolution/ poly count. However, you can sort of start to get the idea. Also, with surface normals computed, I have smooth shading working as well. I am currently using an adapted version of the open source marching cube code by Cory Gene Bloyd from this site. I am now thinking in terms of future approach that it is possible that using hierarchical bounding volumes and having an adaptively sized grid might make this algorithm work fast enough at least for low spatial separation.

Anyhow, here's what I currently have:

No comments:

Post a Comment